Editing and Proofreading Process Step by Step
"Nobody that is proofreading should every be looking at computer screen."- Levi G.(What do you think, is this true?)
Weighing the players computer skills is maybe the biggest challenge to writing a book, staring with the simplest situation whereby the Author and Editor live close, and copies can be walked over, and face to face conversations are possible.
Knowledge Level Checklist:
2. Google Docs
3. Microsoft Word
4. Attache a file
5. How big is the file question.
6. Grammar Checkers
7. Abilty to use a printer
8. Bandwidth available to Author or Editor
9. Time available to Author or Editor
Steps of Version II --- Ghostwriter
1. The author reads chapter one into a recorder.
2. Ghostwriter writes out the chapter.
3. Complete book compiled.
3. Sent to version II or III
Steps of Version II --- Writer is capable of writing, but needs a 50 percent rephrasing, maybe rewrite.1. Raw Edit: Not concerned with small errors: Trying to put the writing into a consistent form, the emphasis is on form, and not on trying to clean all the grammar and spelling errors.
The whole book needs done here, before given to a series of proofreaders.
2. Proofing Edit: Print book on papers, then allow the person to go through and mark up with yellow highlighter..
3. Edti Computer Page: Take the marked up paper copies and repair on the computer master draft.
4. Print out 3-4 more copies, then give to trusted proofreaders.
Steps of Version III --- This is for the author who has the abilty to write grammtically correct 95-100 percent of the time.
1. Author - Writes the book in total2. Author - Rearranges Chapters3. Editor - Rearranges Chapters and makes table of contents. 4. Author - Rewrite by author5. Friends read and critique.6. Author - Corrections and changes.7. Editor - full copy edit (line edit) 8. Author - corrects, proofreads9. 1st Proofreader- Proofreading10. 2nd Proofreader - Proofreading11. Author - Proofreading12. Editor - Proofreading13. Designer - layouts, design and14. Ebook file converstion 15. Author - proofread completed files16. 2 Other People - proofread17. Published
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
mywriteabookresearch.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad